Leave feedback for the podcast on our Episode #180 Show Thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
E3's announcements have dropped, what have you been convinced to buy?
06-14-2014, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2014 06:29 AM by Chris.)
(06-12-2014 02:03 AM)Datninjadev Wrote:  Playstation TV for sure. I hardwire anything that has an ethernet port so I'm def excited to be able to essentially add a second PS4 in my bedroom for $100. As far as games are concerned i'm really excited for Destiny, Diablo 3, Madden, Evolve. AC: Unity, Far Cry 4, COD: Advanced Warfare for this year and then The Order, Batman, Unchrted and No Mans Sky for 2015.

Dude, get out of my head. We are so in sync.

(06-12-2014 03:01 AM)Datninjadev Wrote:  I love World Of Warcraft and I love Borderlands. Destiny is like their lovechild. So unless you are into either of those games I don't think it will really appeal to you.

I honestly don't even care about it for the PS Now features. I don't see myself ever paying to rent a game from the PS3 era. I still have a PS3 and all the games that I ever wanted to play on that system. I like the fact that it is another way to remotely play my PS4. So if my daughter or wife are using the living room TV I can just go to the bedroom and still game. It seems like an easy and cheap way to have a second PS4 in the house.

Seriously dude…get outta my head.

PSN & XBL GT: breadfan35
twitch.tv/breadfan35
Gaming Twitter @breadfan35
[Image: breadfan35.png]
Find all posts by this user
06-14-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: E3's announcements have dropped, what have you been convinced to buy?
(06-14-2014 06:28 AM)Chris Wrote:  Dude, get out of my head. We are so in sync.

Seriously dude…get outta my head.

LMAO!!

[Image: datninjadev2.png]
[Image: 2datninjadev2230584300921560993310.png?v=33]
06-16-2014, 03:22 PM
Let's see... Far Cry 4. I was on the fence about that one, but it definitely won me over.

No Mans Sky. I actually lost my breath during the gameplay demo.

The Order 1886. Up until now, I wasn't sure about this one. It has the best graphics I've seen on a video game yet and now that I know a little more about the story, I'm definitely onboard, but I'm not sure about Gabe. :lol:

Batman Arkham Knight. Wow. Just WOW!

[Image: 526732.png]
06-17-2014, 09:34 AM
One thing for anyone else that's excited for the PS TV, I was reading a review you might want to consider going over http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/24/plays...tv-review/ (I was attempting to set my pre-orders for this fall).

Couple big things for me that I didn't already know;

- It uses the PS4 dualshock, you don't have to or are limited to the DS3.
- Unfortunately it also uses those garbage Vita proprietary memory cards.

The Biggie - The lack of a touchscreen has made some Vita titles unavailable for PSTV use. (Uncharted, Terraria, Gravity Rush, and the best Vita game out there imo Metal Gear). This is a major letdown for me, as the portability of the console to take with me while traveling is a big sell. The article mentions possible uses for the DS4 or patching the touch mechanics out of the titles as possible solutions but I think that's a far fetched idea personally.

Most are buying these for the remote play, which I totally get. But it was worth mentioning that their performance was significantly weakened wireless vs. plugged in (LAN). Oh and its topped out at 720p for all functions, Video and gaming output. So if you're getting one of these I'd ask you to check your TVs for 720 settings and ensure you have an ethernet cable near the TV your planning on using.

Not a deal breaker for me... (well the Vita titles might be) but I dont think I'll pre-order this product until I see how PSNow works on the PS4 and learn more about future support.

Find me:
http://www.playsomevideogames.com/
@PlayinNintendo Nintendo Account, Xbox One & Steam
@Bornabuckeye on PS4 until Shuhei let's me change my name.
@PSVG & @PlayinNintendo on Twitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-17-2014, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2014 09:46 AM by Devin Tyus.)
Yea i'd only be using it for the remote play functionality, and I have a powerline adapter right next to the tv it would be plugged into (I dont believe in wireless gaming) so none of this would really be a deal-breaker for me.

I wonder how much of that review has changed since it was from January. This is also the Vita TV, I noticed that they changed the name to to just Playstation TV for its US debut.

[Image: datninjadev2.png]
[Image: 2datninjadev2230584300921560993310.png?v=33]
06-17-2014, 11:28 PM
(06-17-2014 09:42 AM)Devin Tyus Wrote:  Yea i'd only be using it for the remote play functionality, and I have a powerline adapter right next to the tv it would be plugged into (I dont believe in wireless gaming) so none of this would really be a deal-breaker for me.

I wonder how much of that review has changed since it was from January. This is also the Vita TV, I noticed that they changed the name to to just Playstation TV for its US debut.

That was a big inclination for me as well, and the article makes that well known, but from everywhere that I could look into coming out of E3 made it known that the PSTV is the same SKU that launched in Japan. So I wouldn't expect many changes.

BTW, love the set up man, this thing is right up your alley.

Find me:
http://www.playsomevideogames.com/
@PlayinNintendo Nintendo Account, Xbox One & Steam
@Bornabuckeye on PS4 until Shuhei let's me change my name.
@PSVG & @PlayinNintendo on Twitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2014, 02:33 AM
I am definitely interested in Playstation TV. May wait until christmas for that because there are ton of games coming that will suck all the time I have.

Destiny
Sunset Overdrive
The Crew
Evolve
Halo MC Edition
Call of Duty: AW
Far Cry 4

And that is without the yearly edition of Madden and NBA 2k.

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Digg