Leave feedback for the podcast on our Episode #180 Show Thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open World Games
05-08-2017, 10:40 AM
Open World Games
Question for everyone. I used to play World of Warcraft (MMORPG) and miss that type of game. I hear a lot of people talk about playing Overwatch together and though playing with the community/friends is reason enough to get the game, I really would like something that is MORE than just a shooter (as I understand it, there is no campaign or anything else in overwatch?).
So what would you all suggest as a good open world type game much like a WOW or even Star Wars Old Republic?
Any opinions or suggestions....

Thanks All!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: Open World Games
A lot of people have been jumping into Heroes of the Storm for the Overwatch bonuses, but I think it's sticking with a few of them. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but you may be able to find some lurking in there!

---
On YouTube.
On Twitter
[Image: 496961.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2017, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2017 10:34 AM by Inkyfingerz.)
(05-08-2017 01:00 PM)Ed Placencia Wrote:  A lot of people have been jumping into Heroes of the Storm for the Overwatch bonuses, but I think it's sticking with a few of them. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but you may be able to find some lurking in there!

I heard from the last podcast everyone in there for the skins. But Heroes is not really the open world type game I was thinking of. More like open in that you can do anything, go anywhere, lots of people online... etc.

But I did go back in and check out Heroes of the Storm for a game or 2. Smile
05-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Oh, it's sticking with Gabe. He's been in there A LOT and really seems to be enjoying it.

---
On YouTube.
On Twitter
[Image: 496961.png]
05-12-2017, 02:27 AM
The Elder Scrolls Online comes to mind as one such option, if you're looking for something in the MMO space.

Editor at Ultima Codex | Podcaster at Spam Spam Spam Humbug & Scouting Stuff
Scout for life, and consummate Ultima 6 fan.
05-14-2017, 02:18 AM
(05-08-2017 10:40 AM)Inkyfingerz Wrote:  Question for everyone. I used to play World of Warcraft (MMORPG) and miss that type of game. I hear a lot of people talk about playing Overwatch together and though playing with the community/friends is reason enough to get the game, I really would like something that is MORE than just a shooter (as I understand it, there is no campaign or anything else in overwatch?).
So what would you all suggest as a good open world type game much like a WOW or even Star Wars Old Republic?

Thanks All!
At this point a lot of MMORPGs are all well-established and it might be difficult breaking into a new community. I'd be looking at what's coming and get in on the ground floor of something new. So I'd look in to Destiny 2. I think it's supposed to be out September of this year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

[Image: Vhetstone.png]
05-14-2017, 06:45 AM
I used to play FFXI back in the day. It's old now and the population has definitely decreased, but it's still a pretty solid game. I also played FFXIV and it was enjoyable (and you can solo a lot of stuff), and depending on what server you end up on, there should be groups looking to recruit members.

I actually just started playing WoW myself starting this year.

PSN: Stumpwater_Jack
Battle.net: Chumpy#1194

Recipient of the "Best Sneezer/Dancer/Nickname" award.
05-15-2017, 07:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2017 07:10 AM by Inkyfingerz.)
(05-14-2017 06:45 AM)Stumpwater_Jack Wrote:  I actually just started playing WoW myself starting this year.

Ive toyed with the idea of going back, it was still a really fun game.

Thanks for the suggestions. Destiny 2 does look to be a good game. I may have to check that one out!
05-27-2017, 10:48 PM
(05-12-2017 02:27 AM)SpamSpamSpamHumbug Wrote:  The Elder Scrolls Online comes to mind as one such option, if you're looking for something in the MMO space.

This was my suggestion as well.
06-03-2017, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 04:09 PM by Robert Darrell Good Jr..)
(05-08-2017 10:40 AM)Inkyfingerz Wrote:  Question for everyone. I used to play World of Warcraft (MMORPG) and miss that type of game. I hear a lot of people talk about playing Overwatch together and though playing with the community/friends is reason enough to get the game, I really would like something that is MORE than just a shooter (as I understand it, there is no campaign or anything else in overwatch?).

Thanks All!

I'm maxed out and geared out on Elder Scrolls Online if you want to pick that one up. Tank, Healer, three varieties of DPS. I could probably make you some training gear too, so you'll level quicker. Two of my characters are monsters too, so if you need a vamp or werewolf bite I've got you covered. That game is probably five times bigger in land mass than the past Elder Scrolls games, so if you're looking for open world...

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Digg