Leave feedback for the podcast on our Episode #180 Show Thread!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question of the Week 270
11-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Question of the Week 270
What are you thankful for?

Please leave your answers in this thread

[Image: SabbathGray.png]
Wii U - videogabes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2017, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 07:55 AM by SpamSpamSpamHumbug.)
Question of the Week 270
There are really too many things to list. But lately, I've been especially thankful for my wife.

Marriage is a sacrament, and a sacrament is an outward sign of inward grace. Or, put another way, a sacrament is a physical sign of the grace that God pours into a couple through their union.

But think about what that means...it means that I'm helping my wife get to Heaven in some way; I'm an instrument of grace for her. And she's helping me get to Heaven in some way; she's an instrument of grace for me. We help get each other to Heaven; we are better prepared to enter Heaven one day because we've been married than we would be if we had remained single.

And to look at the influence my wife has had on me, it's readily apparent that she's doing just this in my life. So yes, lately, I've been most thankful for her.

Editor at Ultima Codex | Podcaster at Spam Spam Spam Humbug & Scouting Stuff
Scout for life, and consummate Ultima 6 fan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2017, 09:48 AM
RE: Question of the Week 270
There is so much to be thankful for so I will avoid the obvious ones (family, job, religion etc) and instead say just how grateful I am for the friends I have made from the MTTG community. While I really do appreciate the daily chatter back and forth with the community about the games we are playing, what really sticks out to me are the one on ones I have been able to have. Carpooling with Adam Paeth to Toby Mac in Chicago, having lunch at Bojangles with Timothy Hall, or going on Sean Capri’s podcast, are just a few examples of great memories that have been made from my interaction with you guys. I also am really thankful for those in the community who have sent me private messages to check on me, or just say hi. I struggle to express what an amazing group this is. For me I started off not knowing anyone associated with MTTG, but I’m thankful to now call this group family.

[Image: 954949.png] [Image: 954952.png]
Find all posts by this user
11-22-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm thankful for a lot of things, but while I'm listening to you read this, I know I will feel particularly thankful for the MTTG crew and community.
The last few years have been filled with a lot of upheaval for me and my family, and we're fine. But it's been stressful and sometimes kind of lonely. The sense of community I've gotten from interacting with you guys through these submissions and joining the community on Twitter and Xbox live has made a big difference. I went from zero Twitter followers for the two years I had the account to over a dozen or so in one morning because someone from the community found me hiding out on there.
And your kind words over some of the things I've written in have been invaluable to me. So right now I'm thankful for Married To The Games. Keep up the good work. I look forward to every episode and especially episode 300.
11-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Thankful for an awesome wife, great family and friends, a new house, and a job that I enjoy.

On the gaming side, I'm thankful that I started Speedrunning Super Metroid this year. I've been really surprised at how nice the speed running community is (it's not as good as the MTTG community, but hey, who is).
Speedrunning has been more fun than I ever thought it would be. Challenging yourself to be just a little bit better, can be aggravating, but is such an awesome feeling every time you beat your personal best.

Happy Thanksgiving all! And to all a good night... or morning... or afternoon depending on when you listen to the podcast.

(11-16-2017 02:23 PM)videogabes Wrote:  What are you thankful for?

Please leave your answers in this thread

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Digg